Your local and online pharmacy can provide you with far more than your prescription and non-prescription drug needs. The savvy shopper may well find that every day items can be purchased at great prices or with reward programs commonly offered at these stores. Some things to look for great deals at the pharmacy are:
- Cosmetics in many of the most popular brands both mainstream and alternative are often available at great prices. Sometimes special manufacturers discounts apply when purchasing these items either in quantities such as buy one get one free, or through punch card systems and discount plans, or through rebates.
- Diet and weight loss supplements can almost always be purchased with different stores offering different brands. Popular brands include Atkins, Weight Watchers, Slim Fast and Optifast. Whether you’re looking for snacks, shakes, or pills used for these and other diets, you’re likely to find something to meet your needs.
- Pet food and supplies are also often available both online and in traditional locations. Whether you have a dog, cat or even rabbits, guinea pigs, fish and birds there are many options for you to choose from.
- Feminine hygiene products such as tampons, pads, or incontinence supplies can be purchased discreetly, especially when choosing to use the online options. These items can be added to your prescription order and shipped right to your door.
- Pregnancy tests, condoms, sexual aids, and adult toys are sometimes included in the inventory of traditional pharmacy
- Natural remedies and vitamins as well as herbal teas and other general health care items such as cough drops, lotions, and nail clippers are popular to have on hand. These items may pair well with your prescriptions.
Other advantages of choosing to purchase more than your medications from this type of store comes from the professional staff on hand that can provide you with assistance and information regarding how to successfully use your purchases. Are you sure the new diet pill you want to take works with the allergy medication you take? Do you know how to use that pregnancy test to ensure the results are accurate? Your pharmacist can answer these and many other questions.
You never know what might be found at your local or online pharmacy until you explore the inventory yourself. You may find many unexpected and necessary items you can add to your order to save yourself both time and money.
Whether you enjoy doing your own shopping or appreciate the convenience of getting your items delivered to your door, you may be surprised how many items can easily be found in one location. The convenience of getting your stuff without leaving the house, the added bonus of one stop shopping and the additional benefit of great pricing are tempting on their own. The accurate information on which products you may or may not want to use, and the discretion of not going to a department store for personal items are all excellent reasons to rethink the monthly trip to get your prescriptions filled followed by numerous other shopping tasks.