As India is gradually moving towards a more digitised economy, your Aadhaar number gains significant importance. A unique 12-digit identification number – Aadhaar number is provided through the initiative of the Indian Government.
Today, it has become a critical document used for almost every public services present in India. Hence, with the increasing number of services getting linked to Aadhaar, UIDAI has introduced a mAadhaar online application that acts as a digital copy of your original Aadhaar card. Targeting the humongous Android user base in India, mAadhaar app is currently available on the Google Play store.
What mAadhaar app has to offer?
The benefits of mAadhaar app are numerous like –
- Seamless synchronisation
This online facility allows you to sync your Aadhaar data with the mobile application. Thereby, it makes it easier for users to carry their Aadhaar information anywhere, anytime in their mobile devices.
- Biometric protection
The app comes with a useful feature of locking and unlocking of biometric data. Once you havemAadhaar app and activate the biometric locking system, your biometrics will remain locked till you open it.
- TOTP generation
Instead of generating an OTP, this app creates a Time-based OTP (TOTP) which provides short-lived OTP value. This proves beneficial in providing users with enhanced security. After registering the update request, you can view your Aadhaar details by downloading the data from UIDAI.
- Easy data sharing
Among other benefits, sharing your updated Aadhaar information using a QR code is the most innovative approach. It helps you share your eKYC documents with the service providers.
- Multiple profile options
This mobile application also allows you to store a maximum of 3 profiles provided the registered mobile number is the same for all.
The benefits of mAadhaar app don’t stop here. With ‘Aadhaar in your pocket’ – you can benefit from numerous financial subsidies and services. For instance, if you’re facing a financial crunch, you can avail a personal loan with the help of your Aadhaar details and other nominal documents. Such loans are available from NBFCs like Bajaj Finserv and can help you fund your short-term requirements like –
- Business-related expenses.
- Bear emergency medical expenses.
- Pay for your child’s education.
- Bear your family member’s wedding expenses, medical expenditures, etc.
Furthermore, you’d benefit fromindustry-first features such as:
- Attractive interest rates.
- Flexible repayment tenor.
- Instant loan approval and quick disbursal.
However, you must check personal loan eligibility and documents required before applying for one.
How to get mAadhaar?
First, download mAadhaar app from the Google Play store and follow the instructions below –
- Once the app is downloaded, it will redirect you to an interface which asks for your Aadhaar number.
- Initially, the app sends you a TOTP to your registered mobile number. However, you may also scan the QR code on your Aadhaar card.
- Then the app will initiate a validation process to check the user’s identity. It might also ask for a few permissions to avoid any loopholes that could result in a security breach.
- After the verification is completed, you’ll be asked to set a new password for your profile.
Then the app will redirect you to your home screen where you can see your Aadhaar card details.
The mAadhaar online app will go a long way into catapulting India towards a digital economy. It will significantly help in improving the efficiency of public distribution systems, reduce corruption and curtail black money.